Monday, 17 September 2012

SAAF Black and White Historical Photo's

From my collection of South African Air Force Black and White Images. 



My late cousin, Nick Barkhuizen was a photographer with the SAAF. 

He flew in Canberras during the Border War. I think I got these from him.

 I'm not sure if these are his work, or reprints of photographs taken by somebody else. 
Any help in attributing them correctly will be appreciated. 
I also have some large format colour photos, possibly taken by Herman Potgieter, 
which I'll post when I find a scanner big enough.

(Click on the images for a larger view)


B.E Canberra taking off
  

One that came a cropper


Canberra in Air superiority grey (?)


 Dassault Mirage F1 AZ


Dassault Mirage III EZ 


SA Navy Westland Wasp with Divers about to take the plunge


Aermacchi MB-326M Impala Mk. 1.(Built by Atlas)



Bosbok over Hartebeespoortdam (Looks like Cosmos ? I'm guessing by the Kariba weed in the picture)



Piaggio P166  Albatros 

No comments:

Post a Comment

ANZAC day 2017 Remembering the fallen

In remembrance. For 1915, 1916, 1917, and 2017 and for all the sacrifices before and after for those who went and served, those who came ...